Tuesday 10 May 2016

THE COUNTLESS WORLDS

Well this is getting both extremely interesting and exciting.

It would appear that the Kepler telescope is now speeding up in its discovery of Earth sized worlds inhabiting other solar systems?

NASA just announced the largest number of discovered worlds, known as Exo planets (extra solar planets), in one announcement than they have since the searches started.

The level of increase is quite something and one cannot help but wonder what the next few announcements will be like?

Then in 2020 we have the James Webb Telescope going into orbit, fingers crossed and provided there are no further delays?

My mind simply liquefies when I try to predict what, or precisely how many, discoveries would have been announced by the time the JWT is in orbit?!

One hundred more Earth sized planets announced in one go. Now just waiting for the spectral interferometer announcements that simply have to come with ever greater detail?

It's always been a theory of mine that life would be found among the stars we could see with our naked eye. But that life that had developed as far as we had our slightly further might be a little further afield than what our eyes can detect without help.

That's always been how I thought it would turn out, even as a child. I never had any doubts life was out there and even had a few ideas of life would have evolved.

I even started writing a sci-fi novel that I managed to plan out over four books. It's rather infamous among friends and family that I reached for chapters in then my life was turned upside down and kept being turned at regular intervals that I never got back to working on.

I still have those five chapters I did write.

I just never got around to adding to them in any way, shape or form. I did, however, make some rough sketches of the spacecraft in the stories.

Maybe one day I will be in a position to go back to them and get them finished?

One day.

Hmm, maybe by 2020? Lol, yup that would be kind of fitting ... provided the James Webb Telescope goes to that year and it works?

Once again I have to cross my f.... oh wait? Better crossed my toes?!

Kepler telescope discovers 100 Earth-sized planets - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-36256725

No comments:

Post a Comment